WHEEL SHAKE

2006 Volvo XC70

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2006 Volvo XC70 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 50000 miles

I am getting front end shake at highway speeds, but only when accellerating. As soon as I take my foot off the pedal, the shaking stops. While at cruising speeds the ride is smooth. There is no abnormal tire wear, front or rear. A front end alignment tech suggested that it may be a drive train issue (covered by warranty) due to the accelleration only aspect. The dealer is suggesting a possible wheel balancing problem. Neither has examined the car. Any other suggestions?
Fldennw

If your car is still under warranty then you should take itin to the dealership and have them check it out. If you had a wheel balance problem then you should feel the vibration whether or not you accelerate or not. Normally if it shakes under acceleration it usually means you have a bad axle. So just take it in to Volvo a have them check the problem. You may also want to go with the tech on a test drive to show them your complaint. Good luck.

JIS001