LIGHT SHOW ON DASH

2000 Volvo XC70

2000 Volvo XC70 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic

I had this bomb diagnosed and it was the speed sensor. On the way home from the shop, the engine light went on again. This car can't run without it.
I keep getting the ABS light and the brake light on together and then the speedometer stops working. As soon as they go out, the speedometer starts working again. I also get the ABS light and the light with the triangle and a car skidding in it. This doesn't affect anything like the other combo. The car also runs as if it were being held back. The engine runs fine. It's getting hard to get the car to start too. Nothing else showed up on the diagnosis.
Should I push this one oveer a cliff or is there hope out there somewhere? Thanks.
Ladlebugs1

Where are you taking your car for diagnosing? When they scanned your vehicle are they looking at all the modules? You are better off taking it in to a Volvo dealership or a shop that specializes in Volvo. Can you get me the codes they pulled from the first time they checked it and what they read again?

JIS001
I have realized that I will have to take the car to a Volvo repair shop because the mechanic who fixed it did not have a diagnosis machine with Volvo specs on it and does not seem to be interested in taking this further. He had three codes (which I can no longer get), all of which he said pertained to the speed sensor. I'll have to take it to a dealer to see just what is wrong. I'll let you know when I do but it may be awhile as I am in a financial disaster thanks to this car.

Ladlebugs1
You can email me at jsolis001@yahoo. Com
If you were in the Los Angeles area I might be able to try and help you out.

JIS001
I am having the exact same problem with the same car. I have taken to a volvo dealer and they can't seem to find what is causing the problems. Many $$ later the problem still exists. In addition, when the dash lights up like a christmas tree the cruise stops working. Mine started having these problems about a month after I had the fuel pump replaced.

I would be VERY interested in any solution you come up with as the car is pretty worthless as it is.

Cherokeesoccer