LOCKING MECHANISM

2000 Volvo Wagon

Interior problem
2000 Volvo Wagon All Wheel Drive 140000 miles

I have a 2000 Volvo V70XC with a power locking problem. At roughly the same time the powerlock quit working on the tailgate and the " lock" button on the Key Fob quit working. The power locks will work when using the switch on the door panel - just not the tailgate. I don't think the Key Fob is bad, but I'm not sure. Could it be the receiver for the Key Fob? If so, where is it? What else could it be? This is a really annoying problem. It is hard to unlock the tailgate because it does not have a key. Have to reach from the back seat to do it.

Thank you.
Proderer

Hi proderer, thank you for the donation. Generaly if only one lock has stoped working it will most likely be the actuator for the lock on the tailgate. Be sure the actuator is pluged in and getting power, you can use a test light to check for power. As for your key fob not working, have you check or replaced the battery in the fob it self? Let me know.

2CarPros Linsey