1998 Volvo S90

Engine Mechanical problem
1998 Volvo S90 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 140210 miles

I had some issues with the oil on a used S90. The
rear seal was replaced and the mechanic flused the engine. Now it makes this awful noise that mechanic said are the lifters. I want to have them replaced, but I can only find them at the dealership where they have to be special ordered. What is the technical name for them and can I find them online?
September 7, 2009.

Hi there,

They are called hydraulic valve lifters, you should be able to get them on line with out much trouble.

Mark (mhpautos)

Sep 8, 2009.