JUMPS WHEN IT'S ABOUT TO STOP OR MOVE!!!

2004 Volvo S80

2004 Volvo S80 Automatic 40000 miles

Hi.
I bought a used volvo S80 model 2004. This is my third week.
I noticed that there's an issue I'm worried about.
When the car is left not driven for long time (for example 12 hours) and then you drive it, you can't feel any problem with it.
But after a while, when you want to move the gear from 'N' to 'D' (when signal goes green), the car takes about 2-3 seconds to respond.
You can feel it's doing a jump!
The same thing happens when you're about to stop the car (while reducing the speed & before it stops). It jumps only once.
I'm afraid it's a gear problem. I asked about its price & I knew it's very expensive.
I was surprised to know that I can't change the oil of the gear(Transmission) or even the filter.
Please, if there's a need for that & that there's way to do so, I hope you give me a hand.
I really need your kind help and assistance.
By the way, I'm living in Dubai - United Arab Emirates. If the car needs any spare part (hope not), I'll try to buy it online in case it's cheaper.

Thanks in advance : )
Calyptra

I am going to assume you have the 5 cylinder. The first thing you would need to have check is to see if there is an available software upgrade for the transmission control module. That would need to be checked at Volvo or a shop that specializes in Volvo and has the proper equipement. If that is ok then you are most likely going to need to replace the transmsission. I highly recommend you do it at Volvo since the adaptations would need to be reset and an adaptive test drive done.

JIS001
First of all, I'd like to thank you so much for your kind assistance.
Today morning I took my car to Volvo workshop to have a drive test so that they check if it's really a gear problem.
Unfortunately, I was told I need to replace the transmission. A new one would cost me AED 23000 (around 6300$). Toooooo expensive!
I wish I could find someone who can repair the transmission in cheaper price. In United Arab Emirates, it's very difficult to find professionals for Volvo cars. Kindly, if you know any trusted website from which I can buy a transmission, I would really appreciate your kind help.
Thanks again.

Calyptra
I am sorry but I do not know of any websites? Also I strongly recommend Volvo do the repair.

JIS001