THE AUTO LOCKS AND TRUNK RELEASE BUTTONS ARE

1999 Volvo S80

1999 Volvo S80 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

The auto locks and trunk release buttons are not working on my 99 volvo s80 t6 after the battery died and it said in the digital display security system activated? Also I cant figure out how to get the back seats to fold down to get into the trunk because I was going to try to disconnect the battery to see if that would reset everything and make the locks and trunk work again?
Nateperez

There is a little plastic cover on the right side of the trunk handle with a key symbol. Remove that cover and with the master key, you should be able to open the trunk open. Before you do that, insert the master key in ignition switch and turn to position 2. Press the trunk lock button below the climate control unit. The LED light should be off to indicate it has being deactivated. When you open the trunk with the master key, the alarm will sound off. Now to turn off the alarm you need the remote and unlocking the doors or unlocking the doors with the master key will deactivate the alarm. Hope this helps. Also if you need the owners manuel for your car, go to this link. Volvo has all the manuels available. You may need Adobe Reader for some of this manuels and it is free. Just scroll down the page and select year and model and select owners manuel. Good luck.

JIS001
I put in the key and turned it to position 2 and pressed the trunk release button but the buttons light doesnt turn on or off with every push it stays off the entire time. I pressed it anyways and put the key in the trunks key hole but it still wouldnt open. So my problems are still there. 1. The trunk wont open manually or with the press of the button on the trunk and 2. The auto locks wont work anymore with the press of the auto lock buttons on the car doors. Please tell me another way I could fix this and 3. I still cant figure out how to access the trunk through the back seats. I got them to fold down once but now they wont fold down anymore, there is probably a lever somewhere but I cant find it.

Nateperez
It will not open because it is the valet key you are using. Do you have another key with you? If you do, check to see if that is the master key? Also do you have the remote? You can use that to deactivate the alarm? And the lever to release the backrest is in a genius location by Volvo. The trunk. Now you may be able to lower the center section where the cup holders are. Lower that part down and see if you can lower the back sectin of it. The space will be small and to be honest may do you no good, but once you get that down, maybe you can try and get something to get at the emergency release handle inside the trunk and try to pull and open it?

JIS001