ESTIMATED COST TO REPAIR

1996 Volvo 960

Interior problem
1996 Volvo 960 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 141, 00 miles

I am looking at a 1996 Volvo wagon for my daughter. The seat adjustment is completely torn off from the driver's seat. The seat will not move forward, so it would have to be repaired at once. Approximately how much would this cost? I want to know if I should buy this car or not? I got a lemon the last time I bought a car for her. Thanks.
Cdruss

First of all there should be more things taken into consideration when buying a vehicle other then the seat control, I would suggest taking it in to a shop and have it looked over and see what is wrong with it before considering buying it.

Im assuming the control is electric, try remounting the vehicles control that was ripped off if possible and see if the seat works, if not try checking the fuses and wires for damage going to the control, if all is in good shape check for power to the wires to see if its a issue with the switch and motor or if its a issue with no electrical to it.

The best thing I would say to do is check at some scrap yards and see if they have the part you require, could get it for maybe 5 bucks.

Blackop555