NO START ON 1ST TRY WHEN COLD OR IF SAT FOR

1992 Volvo 940

1992 Volvo 940 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 215000 miles

this is a wierd one that i've been living with for about 20,000 miles or a year or so. It just won't start on first crank no matter how long you crank it. Shut the key off and retry and it fires right up, no stumbles or anything and runs absolutely perfect thru entire rpm range and gets 30mpg highway always. I've tried priming the pump by turning the key on then off then tried to start and that don't work. Key off then back on and varoom, away we go.
car has the regina fi system and here's what i've done so far and didn't fix the problem: cap rotor wires/plugs. Fuel press reg. O2 sensor. Fuel inj and pump relays. And dealer adjusted tps and throttle body cleaned. When I changed the fpr the car had sat for the above timeframe and I was still splattered with fuel so I think the pump is holding pressure overnight, but if its off a pound or two, which I haven't verified, will it cause this issue? Is my car simply behaving like my wife? I wish I could fire her up on the first try too.
$xvu0