ENGINE OIL LIGHT IS FLICKERING AND ABS LIGHT

1996 Volvo 850

1996 Volvo 850 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 155000 miles

Two problems. Mentioning them both since the symptoms start with dashboard idiot lights.

My engine has plenty of oil, though I do burn oil and monitor it routinely. Started flickering a week ago and my mechanic said it was the switch causing the light to come on erratically. It still flickers. It comes on at start up and remains after the other lights have initialized and go off. Then it goes off. After a few miles of driving the flickering starts and stops. Then at high speeds it comes on for a bit then subsides when I back off the gas.

The ABS light did the same thing until I ultimately replaced the control unit. The diagnostics say the codes indicate the right front wheel sensor is going off. Now that the control unit is replaced it still comes on, making me think I wasted big bucks replacing the control unit.

Are these related? Is is electronic? Power? Computer?

Please advise.
Oymycar