ENGINE MOUNTS

1995 Volvo 850

1995 Volvo 850 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 113000 miles

I have just had 3 gigantic repairs done to my car and now, evidently I need my engine mounts replaced. With parts, tax & labor, it will come to $450. I just had some work done on it the end of last month (needed new max airflow meter along with other more minor things) which came to $608.89. In January, I had the selector switch replaced for $336.43. Last May ('07) I had one of the engine mounts replaced and tons of other work totaling $975.54. Since the one engine mount that was replaced in May, the other mounts worsened (one has fully collapsed) and have put so much strain on the new mount that it is now collapsing. All need to be replaced. I asked my tech guys I am putting all this money into a car that needs to be retired or if it still has some life left in it. They said that besides an upcoming 120K mile check up (which should be extensive, ) it should be good to go after this work. They said they've seen older Volvos with more mileage on them.

First of all, do you think that $450 to have all (3?) Of my engine mounts replaced is a fare quote?

Secondly, do you think I should start looking at buying a new car or do you think my Volvo will last me a lot longer? (Again, it's a '95 850 with 113,000 miles on it and I take good care of it.)

Thank you for your help/advice!
Sue
Thebeze