MAKES NO SENSE $777 LATER

1987 Volvo 740

1987 Volvo 740 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 195000 miles

I love my volvo, but lately wooo! I have this problem in the winter (alaska) where I will start my car and none of my gauges work, save an attempt at the thermostat, until the car runs (drives rather) for about 1/2 an hour or gets warm, they gradually try to show readings, like the gas level will start to climb but barely come out of the red when there's a full tank, and my speedo will show 20 when I know i'm at at least 40. The battery light will be on, and the turbo (button on side of auto stick) will show the (turn the turbo on) arrow, then if I click on the turbo, the barely there readings will drop to the NOT WORKING AT ALL STATE, if I turn it back off the battery light brightens a little and the gauges try to do their " we're trying" readings, however after running for about 1/2 hour, or rather driving they will all click on. And she runs great.

few other notes, just had a mechanic replace the alt. Had to replace a battery $150 and it still does what I took it into him for.

other note. The battery reading gauge is low 10 high 16 when the gauges finally do snap to work after running it shows low and eventually climbs to middle or higher.

Please help
I can't afford these mechanics guess work to get the car back with the same problems, and if it goes like it did last time, it will do this for a week or two then one day it won't start and won't jump!
Jessiejaimz