GAS LEAKAGE IN SPARK CHAMBER

1988 Volvo 240

1988 Volvo 240 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 87000 miles

I would like to know if there is a way to diagnose and fix my problem.
Currently on my 1988 Volvo 240 DL has this issue. In the spark chamber I have found excess fuel dredging the spark plugs. So I pull out the fuel pump regulator fuse and burn out the excess fuel by cranking the engine and then car starts perfectly fine. But when it sits around unused the gas will build back up in the spark chambers. For some reason it happens the most in higher altitude and in rainy weathers. But in the summer I don't seem to have that problem. I have checked my spark plugs and they are all fine. I have even changed all my fuel injectors and fuel pressure regulator and still the same results leading to excess gasoline build up in the spark chambers. Is there something I'm missing that can help me solve this problem?

Thanks,
Johnny
Jonkha