STRANGE FUEL INJECTOR

Volkswagen Other

Ok so I got a 1984 volks rabbit from a friend of mine and he said that all that it needs are new fuel injectors however him not knowing that all I really needed was new seals I went out and bought me some new orings now the problem is that all the replacement fuel injectors that I have seen dont have a part that mine do and I think that I might have to remove this part. right under where the top of the fuel injector is all hex or octed or what ever it is and threaded there is a metal ring there and spins on the metal shaft of the fuel injector, what is that where do I put the oring (on the closer to the fuel injector side of the metal ring or the side closer to the threaded end) or do I remove and replace with rubber o ring. ok and to make this easy as so no one is mistaken what i am talking about I have a picture go download before you answer pls I really need to know what I need to do.
http://img202.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strangefuelinjector3rw.jpg
Djslide