MODELS ELECTRICAL NIGHTMARE

1998 Volkswagen Other

1998 Other Volkswagen Models 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 162000 miles

I gave a 1998 vw cabrio to my girlfriend and for about 6 months after everything was fine. Out of the blue one day almost all the electrical acce. Went out. Daylight driving light, regular head lights, ac, whippers etc. The break warning light comes on and stays on. The strange thing is that if you pull the headlight flasher switch and hold it for a second or two while the head light swith is at the on position, the break light goes off and everything will work ok. However, for things to stay on you must first turn off the headlight switch and then release the flasher. If not once the flaher is released all will be silense once again. I am almost out of my mind because my friend loves this car. Please help!
Jimmy Essien