MODELS WON'T START

1995 Volkswagen Other

1995 Other Volkswagen Models 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 170000 miles

i took a small drive and let it idle and it shut down and now won't start. It has spark, fuel and turns over but won't fire at all. It appears there is a fault telling it not to start. I had recently replaced the passenger side door lock mechanisum and didn't have the paddle from the key lock in the unit. I have since corrected that and have locked and unlocked the car by that door. It has an alarm and someone told me it needs to be disarmed by the passenger door to clear a fault but that didn't help. I also put in a new battery and it had run down trying to start it. I have disconnected it hopeing to clear the code also and that didn't help. While cranking there is fuel comming out of the fuel line at the engine. It was running fine before all of this. It is a cabrio with 2.0 and alarm.

I just retimed it and it still won't start. Just don't know where to go at this point.
Ronnie48