POSSIBLE SHORTAGE OR BAD GROUND?

2000 Volkswagen Jetta

2000 Volkswagen Jetta 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 96000 miles

I have neglected this problem for a while but finally decided to ask. My dome light selector switch became loose and the light itself shorted out. But along with it went the power windows, sunroof, and ability to use my keychain remote to unlock/lock the car. When I replace the fuses they blow instantly. So all affected areas are still out so im trying to figure out without tearing apart my interior what one(maybe two parts would affect all those things. Any ideas on what it could be or how extensive the repairs might be?Is it something id need a mechanic to fix?
AchillesX714

You describing the problem the short ciruit could be right there on the switch causing the others to go out as they are tight in on the same circuit. Your best bet w/o electrical background is to bring her in, don't attempt might make things worst than it is.

My jetta is doing the exact same thing. Its fuse # 14 which happens to control all those that you've named. Windows, interior lights, keyless entry, and the sunroof. Everytime I put a fuse in, it instantly blows. Im still trying to figure out what the problem is. If I find out, ill let you know. But if you do first. Please let me know what it was!

=]
Lehanna

Jettagrl06