ENGINE CUTTING OUT

1997 Volkswagen GTI

1997 Volkswagen GTI 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 144000 miles

Car is a 1997 Mk 3 VW Golf 2.0 16v and is suffering as follows : -

HAD A SNAPPED CAM BELT WHICH WAS REPAIRED WITH A FULL TOP END REBUILD, NEW HEAD GASKET AND TIMING BELT ETC.
FITTED WITH HIGH PERFORMACE 16 VALVE CAMSHAFTS ( KR MODEL ) ALSO NEW TIMING CHAIN FITTED, PLUGS. LEADS. DIZZY CAP ETC. ALSO REPLACED WITH ALL GASKETS NEEDED ETC.

CAR THE BEEN RUNNING FOR A MONTH WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL UNTIL IT WILL NOW START AND REV UP WITH NO PROBLEMS BUT WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IDLE SPEED IT WILL CUT OUT AND STALL''''''

THEN SOME TIMES IT WILL CUT OUT AT ANY REVS - ALWAYS RESTARTS FIRST TIME WITH OUT FAIL,

HAD BEEN TOLD THE IMMOBLISER WAS AT FAULT, WHICH HAS SINCE BEEN BYPASSED (BUT IT STILL CUTS OUT)

BEFORE GOING BACK TO THE GARAGE, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IT COULD POTENTIALLY BE (I AM NOT MECHANICALLY MINDED AT ALL !) OR IF I SHOULD TAKE IT ELSEWHERE? MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE
Golferuk