HEAD GASKET?

1996 Volkswagen GTI

Engine Cooling problem
1996 Volkswagen GTI 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 240000 miles

i recently replaced my water pump, thermostat and expansion bottle after my expansion bottle ruptured. Now my car drives for maybe thirty minutes then starts to heat up and lose water. Somehow.I can find no leaks and my radiator fans also quit working.I have tried for hours to bleed the cooling system and thought I was, because the only way to bleed this cooling system is through the cap on the expansion bottle.I am having bubbles come out of the return hose on the bottle, but after some consultation from another forum I discovered this could possibly be a blown head gasket.I am just looking for more confirmation before I decide to tear into my head and investigate.I need to know if this could possibly be a stopped up radiator that is gradually allowing some water to enter or a more complicated head gasket/cracked head.
Mattdwalker1990