FILLING THE GAS TANK

2003 Volkswagen Eurovan

2003 Volkswagen Eurovan 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 80,000 miles

I have had problems filling the gas tank. At first I thought it was the pump at the station but it now happens every time I try to put gas in my van. When I pull the lever to fill the tank with gas it stops after 30cents have been put in. So it takes forever just to put $10 of gas in the tank. I have no idea why this is happening. Could you give me an idea of what the problem could be?
Dalesio4

I recently encountered the same issue. I talked to my dealership and they suspect an issue with a clogged carbon filter or worse a faulty breather line valve. They suggested replacing the carbon filter ( which I'm going to try and do myself : $.) And if that does not fix the problem, then the tank may have to be removed and possibly replaced. Otherwise you'll just have to live with it taking you 20 minutes to fill up the tank liks it does for me. Count your lucky stars. It started on my van on a 3000 mile trip!

Soulpatch70
Have a look at the picture in this link. #26 is the filler breather. If this tube is plugged, fuel vapour
has to travel up the same way fuel is trying to go down. Hence, the pump cuts off early.

*** for the moderators, your website does not allow my tablet to upload this PNG, that is why
I post a link from my site. I am not advertising my site, I have no other way to post this screen
capture from my tablet. Tell me how to resolve and I will. ***

Thomas

Exovcds
Forgot to mention that hoses #22 go to the charcoal canister.

Thomas

Exovcds