INTERMITTENT NO START

2001 Volkswagen Cabriolet

2001 Volkswagen Cabriolet 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 68,000 miles

hi cars shut down after driving 100 miles and would not restart. Had spark and fuel. Charged battery and car started ran fine for about 20 mins then started runing like it had jumped a tooth on belt. Checked belt and found timing was good. Car again started and ran for about 10 mins then started running at low speed and felt again oike timing was out any ideas? Have checked everything and all seems ok was thinking maybe a bad hall sensor or cam sensor?I changed the coolant sensor. Thanks for any help will donate 50 bucks if you can help me would be well worth it
Beugramble

Hi beugramble, Welcome to 2carpros and Ty for the donation

Next time it refuses to start don't wait immediately do below to determine if its fuel or spark related issue-Do below and report back with some testing results.

Camshaft positioning sensor to include the knock sensor?

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it