FAULTY RELAY

2001 Volkswagen Beetle

Engine Cooling problem
2001 Volkswagen Beetle 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 109000 miles

I have my 01 VW Beetle GL @ my auto repair shop and my mechanic indicated a couple of problems. Apparently, some previous owner had bypassed the relay switch and simply hard wired both the cooling fan/s and the A/C compressor which kept them running all the time which they should not be, I'm told. ( A/C lines were freezing so much due to running all the time, even though the a/c switch in cabin was not turned on, that when you turned engine off there was quite a lot of condensation puddling on the ground. The likely culprit should be a faulty relay switch, but when we changed this part out neither the cooling fan or compressor would kick in/on when A/C was turned on. What other likely part or problem could it be to prevent these two systems from working? Is there some sensor behind and part of the control panel in cabin that is not sending necessary signals to the relay?Thanks for your help in advance. I appreciate your service and attention on this site. Steve
Sfrye

I'm glad you have some help with your problem, I believe the malfunction is the temperature sender, due to the fact that when you turn your AC on that circuit automatically turns your fan to assist in cooling down the condenser that gets very hot when the AC is operating on my Volkswagen Jetta is a really that operates at system you may want to ask your mechanic to make sure he diagnoses the temperature sender connected with the relay for the air conditioning. If you need any more help just let me know I will try to find some information for you on that specific car.

Dr Loot