VIBRATION WHILE THE CAR IS IDLE

1995 Toyota Corolla • 1.8L 4 cylinder Automatic • 168,000 miles

My car is vibrating a lot while on idle. I spoke to a friend of mine which had the same problem and told me that most probably is the IAC. I'm not sure about this, and further more, I don't think I have this part on my engine. Behind the end of the manifold, there are 2 small hoses which are connected to nothing and I believe the IAC was supposed to be there. I'm not sure though. Can you please help me with this issue? Thanks
Franco8406

The IAC would be mounted to the throttle body. IF you have two vacuum hoses not attached to anything, that would create a leak and cause a rough idle.

Those 2 hoses are the ones on the picture I posted. Will try to find what was there originally and see if the problem will be solved. Would you happen to know what is that part missing for my 7A-FE engine?

Franco8406
I can't be sure from the pic. Try this. Take a bolt and plug both of the hoses to see if that changes your idle.

I have not been able to try it yet since I was at the repair store. It seems that I'm missing a Vacuum switching valve there, I'm just missing the right code for my vehicle

Franco8406
Problem solved! It was indeed the Valve. I got replacement p/n 90910-13004 and so far it has made the car to idle nicely. I still have my check engine light on so I will diagnose to see what's next. Thanks for your help!

Franco8406