DIESEL PARTICULATE FILTER

2006 Vauxhall Zafira

2006 Vauxhall Zafira Two Wheel Drive Manual 57000 miles

I have a 56 plate Zafira 1.9CDTi 150bhp

Having previously experienced both EGR valve (twice) and alternator problems, I now have an issue with the diesel particulate filter.

Following diagnostic tests and numerous re-gen's, the suggestion from my local independent Vauxhall specialists is that the DPF needs replacing.
Vauxhall's want close to £1,000 for a new one however I have also seen new DPF's for Zafira's on E-Bay for under £400. My quandry is knowing exactly which DPF I need.
I asked the local garage to provide me with the part number and they have quoted R1620123. However, the part numbers for the ones on the internet tend to be the letters GMF followed by three numbers (GMF052 and GMF056 being the two most common). Can anyone out there steer me in the right direction i.E. Are, for instance, R1620123 and GMF056 the same part? Help !
Leasclose

Hello and thanks for donating

Honestly I would not waste money on repacing the DPF. This is a common issue with the Zafira and it is ALWAYS diagnosed as a faulty DPF but is rarely the actual case. If you do choose to replace it, make sure that you get the filter that matches yours, it should either have 1 or 2 pipes. The GMF. Number is just the part number that the company uses, the actual OEM Vauxhall part number should start with R or VR, in your case it will be the R.

Bluelightnin6