EXCESSIVE OIL CONSUMPTION

2003 Vauxhall Zafira

2003 Vauxhall Zafira 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 66000 miles

Hi there, I recently bought a zafira gsi 2.0 litre turbo, an absolute flying machine for a mpv, it has started to run really badly of late due to a bad 02 sensor. It has always burned a litre of oil to every 300 to 400 miles. Could you please tell me if it is burning oil because of the 02 sensor or if my 02 sensor is running bad because of the high oil consumption?
Daddysteel

02 is affected by the oil consumption. A bad 02 does not make an engine burn more oil, unless the gas consumption is way up too! If mileage has greatly declined, check the fuel pressure regulator, if there is any gas in the vacuum line, replace the regulator. Check the oil on the stick, smell any gas in it? If so change the oil and filter with the regulator. Gas can and will wash the oil and compression rings on the pistons, allowing oil to pass into the combustion chamber.

Merlin2021