FAULT CODES P1120/P1122

2001 Vauxhall Zafira

2001 Vauxhall Zafira 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 85000 miles

hi, ive just got hold of a 1600 16v zafira 2001 with a blown head gasket.I replaced the gasket and had the head skimmed. On road test it was holding back on light throttle. Egr and rear o2 sensor codes stored and it smoked badly when starting. Ive put a set of rings in it(sorted the smoking)and changed the egr valve.I also cleaned out the throttle body. The problem ive got now is p1120 and p1122 and its in limp home mode. The codes wont clear. Any ideas?Is it the ecu?
Garryrob

The codes are for TPS (throttle position sensor). Check the TPS is giving the correct reading's. Check the wiring and connector for the TPS. Or replace the TPS. Check the air filter is good. Check the wiring and connector for the MAF (mass airflow) sensor. Check the readings for the MAF. Or replace the MAF. It could be a bad PCM/ECU. But I would go the route the codes ar giving me first (TPS/MAF)

Dave H
Thanks for the reply. I sorted it this morning. The cause was a bent pin on 1 of the ecu connections! IT Obviously happened when I reconnected the plugs on to the ecu.

Garryrob
Thanks for letting us know your final fix .. please use our forum again in the future and spread the word to family and friends ..

Happy motoring

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_1134.png

Dave H