VAUXHALL VECTRA SMELL PROBLEM

2005 Vauxhall Vectra

Heater problem
2005 Vauxhall Vectra Two Wheel Drive Manual

hi there I have a problem with my vauxhall vectra cdti sri 55 reg the thermostat needle doesnt go up hardly if it does it only goes up less than a quarter how much does this cost to repair also when the engine is running ther is a strange smell coming from the car
Khurram

Check coolant level is not over full mark. What kind of strange smell? Where is the smell inside or outside?

Dave H
The coolant level is fine the smell comes and goes its on the outside cant tell where its coming from its like a burning sort of smell how much would it cost to repair the thermostat

Khurram
Replaceing the thermostat takes about 20 mins and a new themostat cost's around £5. So it all depends on what sort of labor charge from the garage. Should be 30 mins labor (around £25) if you do take it to the garage ask them to diagnose the burning smell. Should cost nothing for a diagnosis in the hope they get the work. A burning smell could be a drive belt getting worn could even be the clutch it is difficult to diagnose without being on scene and actually smelling it?

Dave H