TURBO DIESEL AND PISTONS

2007 Vauxhall Meriva

Warranty problem
2007 Vauxhall Meriva 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 22000 miles

CAR IS IN GARAGE AFTER I WAS NEARLY KILLED LAST WEEK, STARTED ACCELERATING ON ITS OWN UP TO 90MPH ON THE MOTORWAY THEN SMOKE FILLED THE CAR, GOT OUT AND RAN, GAVE GARAGE FULL SERVICE HISTORY, BEEN SERVICED TWICE SINCE I BOUGHT IN JAN 2008. NOW A VAUXHALL ASSESSOR IS GOING TO ARNOLD CLARK ON WED TO CHECK AND SEE IF THIS IS CONVERED UNDER THE WARRANTY - FEEL SICK THINKING THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY 2K TO REPAIR IT WHEN I HAVE ONLY HAD IT A YEAR --- PLEASE HELP

Untill you get the report back from the vauxhall assesor there is nothing I can say to calm your nerves .. the assesor will make his report on the current state of the vehicle ..a tech at the garage must have taken a look and told you what he thought was the problem ?? when you say it filled with smoke .. was it on fire ? who did the previous service's for you ? has anybody else apart from vauxhall dealer done any work on the vehicle ?? let me know

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_4.png

Dave H