ENGINE LIGHT

2000 Vauxhall Corsa

2000 Vauxhall Corsa 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 44000 miles

for the last few weeks when I start my corsa I get the orange electricaL faulot light appear, I have to rev my car to get it to turn of but sometimes it revs its self after doing this slightly, also whilst driving it seems when I push my accelerator down so much the car jolts and then this light appears again and slows my car down and then doesnt go of untill I release my foot from the accelerator again, obviously this is causing me problems when driving on the motorway and things like that as my car wont really go over 70mph and thats at a push, the car is 10years old has done abpout 44000 miles and I want to sell this car on soon but really would like to get this problem fixed and as cheap as possible as I am out of wok at the moment many thanks.
Mitchellmurrell

Have the vehicle plugged into a diagnostic computer to retrieve the OBDII fault codes. Repost with full fault codes for diagnosis and repair information

Dave H