TROUBLE CODE P0302 MISFIRE IN 2

2003 Ford Focus • 65,000 miles

Testing the primary and the secondary windings on coil on plugs. Ford Focus 2.3 Litre. The specs in the manual says primary should be 0.4 to 0.6 Ohms. And the secondary windings should be 10,500 to 16,500 Ohms.I checked it today and the primary ran from 0.13 to 0.14 Ohms for the primarys. The secondary was 5500 ohms. Does anybody have any insight of what it should be and what I came up with is any good.I would appreciate it.
Randy sharp

Replace the coil it has high resistance.

Sinbad271
It is coil on plugs every one is like that. What should it be?And I have talked about this problem several times. It usually does not misfire when AC is off but sometimes it does. But once you turn the AC on it misfires. But like I said most of the time it runs smooth when AC is off but once in a while it will cut out at idle this is when AC is off.I don't know if it is vacuum I have been working on cars for a while mostly older vehicles in my past experience with a vacuum leak it will usually stay there until you find it. But I know cars now a days are all different.I did mention to you that it had a P0302 code and a P2274 code. And it did have a 1299 code that is because my sister was driving the other day with the AC on and it was low on water on it got hot but she caught it because it has a hole in the expansion tank and it loses water I have already ordered another. So what about these coil on plugs?

Randy sharp
Sorry for getting back to you so late, but work was very busy today. Long day at the office. It seems you have a problem with number 2 injector it may be clogged. Because code is a lean code for that cyl. Check plug on that cyl you should see it slightly diff. From the others. Fuel is beimg restricted or you could have a circuit issue in the injector harness. But I'm willing to bet on my years with ford its the injecter.

Sinbad271
I appreciate answering back.I have tested the injectors for ohms and they were inthe specs range.I even got a stethescope and listened for the clicking and they all seemed to be the same a crisp clicking sound. If I was to pull the injector wire off while running could I tell by that?And I do not know what kind of spray pattern it has how would I check that?

Randy sharp
Pulling the connecter only stops fuel from going into cyl. To test the harness youll need what is cold a noid light, some part stores have them for rent. An easy way to get a better pin point diag. Switch number 2 injector with another injector on a different cyl. Keep track which one. Clear your code. If check engine light comes on scan it if it say misfire on the different cylinder you put number 2 injector in, replace injector.

Sinbad271
To answer your question about checking spray I would not advise it. ( Things can go boom, under the hood)

Sinbad271