GLOW PLUG LIGHT STAYS ON LOSS OF TORQUE

1996 Toyota Van

1996 Toyota Van Two Wheel Drive Automatic

Hi there, I have a toyota estima auto diesel 1996, was driving fine then momenteraly the amber and green turbo lights came on and then the glow plug light and the faulty light, light, the turbo lights were only for a second or two, but now the glow plug light stays on permenantly as does the faulty light, light. There are no issues with the light, takes several seconds to start as if not working off glow plug. Also the torque has decreased dramatically, I effectively have to pull off in low, then to second then in drive, doesnt seem to want to pull off in drive too well. There is also a very minor oil leak ie, a couple of drips now and again staining my drive Any ideas?
Marknz

Glow plugs should only energize when starting, it is most likely the relay for the glow plugs is sticking.

Have car scanned at most autoparts stores for any error codes. Oil supply to turbo is CRITICAL to turbo life, make sure it is getting oil.

Mmprince4000
What is causing ther sluggish power?

Marknz
Most likely the glow plugs, if they are ON all the time, it would cause mixture to ignite too soon.

The only other possibility with a diesel is fuel.

Mmprince4000