P0401 EGR LOW FLOW

1996 Toyota Tercel

1996 Toyota Tercel 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 200, 00 miles

im working on my egr system, have cleaned the egr, draft pipe, cyl head, and intake ports, and running the engine at 2000-4000 rpm at operating temp, the vsv stays open port, not allowing egr operation, pinching the line, on the vsv draft to the air cleaner, opens the egr valve, the manual says to check map sensor operation. With a vacuum gauge, I get 17-20 inches vacuum at 2-4k rpm, scanner shows 6-9 inches vacuum, I tried another map sensor from autozone, same result, is the low map shown on the scanner a misread of the ecm? And preventing egr operation, the ground circuit for the vsv controlled by the ecm is not shorted to ground, and only opens the vacuum port when running, if there was a low map problem, there should be another related code, what do you think>
Dirtyjoe