HIGH HEATING OF SWITCH PLATES

1992 Toyota Tercel

1992 Toyota Tercel 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 132000 miles

About 4 months ago my headlight switch started malfunctioning randomly and finaly went dead with a burning smell. I found the switch plastic melted and grease melted into liquid and everywhere. Replaced the whole switch unit. Now after 2-3 months Dimmer light switch startd not working. After 2 days it automatically started working while the dash board and tail lights wont on. Found the FUse gone. Replaced it. Disassembled the whole switch unit and found melted grease everywhere again but pins, plastic is fine. Cleaned the interior of grease and refixed with. Now working fine. But the switch pins are abnormally getting heated whn head or dim is on. I fear it would soon lead to plastic melting. What could be the issue.
Bhanuka