REAR DISK BRAKES

2004 Toyota Rav4

Brakes problem
2004 Toyota Rav4 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic

how do I change the rear brake pads
Pvance

Follow this link to learn how to replace rear brake pads

http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/rear_brake_pads.htm

Bluelightnin6
1. Open the hood 2. Take off the tire 3. Take the 2 bolts off that hold on the caliper. 4. Take off the caliper. 5. Take off the old break pads 6. Take the cap off the fluid resivor. 7 this parts eaiser with a helper, if the pistion is solid with 2 groves in it then you need a special tool to turn the pistion as it goes in, you can get the tool at your local auto parts store.
If the pistion is " hallow" then use the old break pad and a large c-clamp to push the pistion back in all the way. Either way have your helper watch the resivor, before it overflows take some of the fluid out, I use a clean rag. It fills fast so push the pistion in slow. 8. Put the new pads on. 9. Put the caliper back on.
10. Put the bolts back on the caliper. 11. Put the tire back on. 12 put the lugnuts on finger tight 13. Let the car down and tighten every other lugnut till they are all tight. 14. Repeat for other side. **Tips: **never push the break pedal while the caliper is off! *If you have to put the caliper down use a peice of string or a bungee to hold it up so its not pullin on the brake line. *Sometimes the caliper is hard to get off, use a rubber hammer to try to losin it. *If that dont work use a strong flat head screw driver to " pry" it then wiggle it up and down till its off. *While you got the tire off check the emergency break pad to see if it needs replacing. *Dont touch the new pads or the smooth part of the roader the greese will make it squeek. *The metalic break pads also tend to squeek. Thats all the tips I can think of off the top of my head. Hope it helps and good luck.

Jaybin82