JERKING AND HESITATION

2002 Toyota Rav4

2002 Toyota Rav4 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 126000 miles

My Rav4 starting jerking and hesitating, randomly, last week. I had the transmission flushed, filter and gasket replaced. Then check engine light came on and took it back, still random jerking and hesitating. They tested the cellinoids (not sure of spelling) and all were good. Still have random jerking and hesitation. Have looked on internet re: this type of problem. Did see issues regaring the ECM (which was on a recall but only for 80,000 miles or less.) If the ECM is the problem, would replacing it take care of the problem. How does the ECM effect the transmission behavior? Would I still need to replace the transmission or is the computer malfunction causing the jerking and hesitation?
Thanks for your help!
Diane
Dianel8n