HEATER NOT WORKING PROPERLY

2002 Toyota Rav4

Heater problem
2002 Toyota Rav4 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 14500 miles

I was in a crash with a deer two yrs ago; soon after the vehicle was repaired I noticed the heater was not heating properly. The heater would heat only on one side of the dash. The passenger side would heat but the driver’s side would be only Luke warm?

We immediately returned to have this problem fixed but our local Toyota dealer couldn’t find the cause of the problem. This is my wife vehicle so I really had forgotten about the problem until recently.

I dropped my child off at school in the early AM recently and discovered this problem and I was immediately upset at myself for not following up on this issue but out of site out of mind.

I returned to my Toyota authorized and started at the beginning with my story to a new service manager. The vehicle was taken for the day so the mechanic could diagnosis the symptoms. I was contacted by the manager and he said the following require repair and flushing.

1. The thermostat was replaced.
2. The coolant was flushed
3. And the radiator was checked for air in the lines.

The manager called about four days later and said we’ve done all that the mechanic thought would fix the problem but now he’s puzzled about the heating too. The service manager said to drive it for about two weeks and we’ll check it again if the problem continues.

I was not impressed with the knowledge of the Service manager and the mechanic.

Would you please point me into the right direction on how to fix this problem?

Ken Smith
“Rav4guy”
smith_l_pd@yahoo. Com
Rav4guy