AIR INTAKE

2000 Toyota Rav4

2000 Toyota Rav4 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive

i have a rav4 toyota 2000, I drove thou a puddle and it died right away, I drained the oil, plugs, and I bumped it over, now it runs, but it has a loud noise, ive been told its the bent lifter and it would cost 500 dollars or more to fix it, can up tell me if this sounds right? Other then the noise it runs great, also what will happen if I dont fix it? Thank u 4 your help.
Oasis11

Hi there,

This will not be the case, I would first do a compression test, post the findings here.

Mhpautos
The guy who helped me work on my vehicle said the
compression was good, he told me to change the oil, gave me 5 qurks, I put them all in and found out I put to much in, now it blows out white smoke, and when I put it in drive or reverse it just wont go, I tryed to drain it out and for some reason the oil wont drain out, iam stumped can you help?

Oasis11
What oil did you try to drain out, engine or transmission, and what plug did you remove/

mark (mhpautos)

Mhpautos
We fixed the oil problem, I was working in the dark and had drined the the transmission oil by mistake, so with that out of the way, the noise is still loud its a loud knocking you can hear it louder then the motor, he said the compression was good. Could this be the bent lifter, or a cracked piston?I thank u 4 all the help you givin me

Oasis11
Hi there,

if there was any problem with the drive train re bent components you will vet compression issues, have you checked for any induction air leak and exhaust leak?

Mhpautos