ABS LIGHT ON WITH CODE 32

1997 Toyota Rav4

Brakes problem
1997 Toyota Rav4 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 95000 miles

Code 32 = sensor signal problem - left front wheel. Check the speed sensor, sensor rotors, wire harness, and connector of the speed sensor.
Here are my findings: I've looked at the speed sensor and other than cleaning off the metal filings I can't tell if its faulty. The sensor rotors look ok (no damage, pitting, rust etc). What are the characteristics that make them not ok? The wire harness I've followed as far as I can find it and it looks ok. The connector seems to connect firmly and is clean.

I tried to clear the trouble code by jumping terminals E1 and Tc on the data link connector, then turning the key to the ON position and depressing the brake pedal eight or more times within 3 seconds. The ABS light stays on and the code never seems to clear.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to check the continuity of the wire, or other?

Thanks in advance
Tshad