TOYOTA PREVIA NOISE PROBLEM

1992 Toyota Previa

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1992 Toyota Previa 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 149000 miles

just bought a 92 previa I hear a knocking or repetitive noise that I can't explain took it to agood shop for front end work etc they said all things were tight ecept the struts were ok I knew they needed replacing and don't think the noise is from there maybe a sad shaft problem how would I know what would I do
Azzizz

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation,

Can you try and explain when you hear the knock, what are you doing? Tight turns, rough roads, highway driving, stop start traffic, and is it a just one knock or is it continuous? As this will help with the diagnosis.

Mhpautos
I can't remember if I replied or not anyway the sound seems to be constant but at higher speeds I can't hear it. It doesn't seem to matter how i'm driving straight or turning it seems like a rythmic sound not too loud just always there. If I answered earlier maybe there is more info this time

Azzizz
Hi there,

Drive the car and take note of when you hear the noise, if it is constant with undulations and bumps in the road, I feel that it may be faulty valving in the struts, if the suspension workshop checked out the front end and steering all should be ok there, I would also have all the front sub frame and main suspension bolts backed off and then re tightened, this should be checked during the cars service.

Mhpautos