POOR ACCELERATION - LEXUS LS400

1993 Toyota Other

Hi Everyone! : D

I own a 1993 Lexus LS400 with about 80,000 miles. It's a nice car accept for one thing. [Which I find extremely frustration] My car takes about 13 seconds to reach 60 mph. It should take about 8. And it takes just as long to reach 60 mph whether the gas pedal is pushed to the floor or is only pushed down about 3/4's of the way. When I push the gas pedal to the floor [from any speed] it will accelerate quicker [and more smoothly - i.E. Without a slight hesitation and/or surge] IF I ease UP on the gas pedal. It often feels as though it's not getting enough gas or air OR that the brakes are dragging. [Even though they're not] Lots of things have been replaced on my car in an attempt to fix this problem. For example.

- fuel pump
- fuel filter
- spark plugs and wires
- distributor caps, rotors and PCV valve
- air filter
- front O2 Sensors

Apparently the throttle position sensor is fine and so are the recently cleaned fuel injectors.

Could a dirty throttle body be the culprit? [Even if the idle is quite smooth] Could an improperly adjusted throttle cable make my car slow?

I'm lost.

[b: 2a9773a932]Can you point me in the right direction!

Thank you,
Craig! : D
CanadaCraig