ENGINE SWAP

Toyota Other

I have a 1985 toy 4x4 Pick- up with a blown 22R motor. Rod out the side of the block. The existing setup is carburated and had a lot of problems when it ran. I have been thinking about swapping to a later model fuel injected engine. I have a chance to get the complete engine setup out of a 1998 2WD 2.4L Tacoma but before I buy the wreck I have some questions:
1) will the automatic trans from the 98 2wd bolt up to the 85 transfer case.
2) Will the flywheel from the 22R bolt onto the 98 engine in place of the flex plate.

To do the swap I know I need the engine, ECU, Probably the fuel tank and lines. Anything else. This is an extremely modified truck that I want to get back on the road in a more reliable form.
It has a 3 inch body lift and 4 inch suspension lift. 35 inch tires. Front & rear lockers re-geared for the tires. If this is the wrong forum for this kind of question please help me find a better source of the info I need.
Davec