MODELS CLUTCH WEAR & TEAR

2007 Toyota Other

2007 Other Toyota Models 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 27000 miles

Hi,

I drive a Toyota MUV in India called the Innova. The vehicle is around 3 years old and has done around 27k miles. For almost 2 years, the vehicle was hardly subjected to any difficult traffic conditions or consistent drives, daily.

Nowadays however, the vehicle is driven daily for an average 70 kms a day. Of this around 18kms [9x2] is in stop-and-go traffic, and the balance on a highway in top gear for most of the journey. During the last scheduled maintenace check up the technician surprised me by saying that the Clutch, Pressure plate and release bearing needed replacement as it was worn out

This is despite me experiencing no hardness or difficulty in with the clutch pedal when chaning gears or in vehicle's delivery of power through the gears. Also, even on an incline, the vehicle goes through speed delivery across gears without any drag. Fuel efficiency of the vehicle too is consistent. The technician's take though is that 'the vehicle is not accelerating upto specified speeds in lower gears [2 & 3] despite reaching the designated engine rpm's. I have also note that the idling speed of the engine is below manufacturer's specifications i.E, where it should be 1000rpm while idling, the current idling speed of the vehicle is the range of 850~900 [maybe a little less or more]

Can somebody help me by sharing some knowledge on the above so that I am not taken for a ride.

Thanks in advance.

Shekhar
Rajashekhar Rangaraj