TRUCK (4X4) SEVERE VIBRATION!!!

1994 Toyota Other

1994 TOYOTA TRUCK
2.4LT. ENGINE (22RE)
5-SPEED/4X4
186,000 MILES.

My 1994 Toyota has some mileage on it. Around 186,000 miles. And still going. But with age comes problems. The front brake rotors are slightly warped and need to be inspected and/or replaced. The truck does have a vibration in the steering wheel when braking. So this I know about and are ready to have it repaired. There is also a slight vibration in the wheel while driving.

But somthing happened a few days ago that really frightened me. I was going about 45mph on a local road and I drove over a rough spot. Nothing major perhaps a rut or un-even surface. Well after going over the rough spot, the entire truck along with my steering wheel begun to viberate/shake violently! I slowed down to around 10mph and it stopped! Thank God! Yesterday it did it again and I was able to stop it with a slight, quick jerk on the steering wheel. So now it looks like a simple front brake job is going to blow up into a nightmare repair! : Cry:

Can you give me some idea as to what may be the cause of the problem(s). The truck is parked right now until I can figure out what Im getting into here.

Thanks for any insight you can send my way.
Skokauckas