HELP W\ PROB AFTER REPLACING H. GASKET. ENG

1988 Toyota MR2

1988 Toyota MR2 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 211000 miles

Hi, my 1988 MR2 started overheating on me and it turned out to be the head gasket. The car has 211,000 miles on it and always ran great for me up until this problem.

I had the head shaved, new gaskets and got the eng back in the car. The car starts fine and idles fine at first. I can give it throttle and get instant response like I should.

The problem is after 2-3 mins of idling the car revs up and away to redline. I don't know if I have a vacuum leak or an cooling system issue or what?

I have flushed and refilled the cooling system like my serv manual recommended so I dont think that's the problem.

Can anyone give me some ideas what may be my problem? I have been trying to solve this on my own for about 2 weeks now with no luck.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
PATOS