96 LAND CRUISER, 4.5L, EGR FLOW INSUFFICIENT

1996 Toyota Landcruiser

My Cruiser has done 163k miles.
After replacing EGR Modulator, the EGR Valve, the EGR Gas Temp. Sensor and securing all tubing I still get an error code after driving approx. 200 miles. What next shall I clean and or replace?
Tjokkie

Did you check the vacuum switching valve whether its actually switching vacuum to EGR. Did you attempt to clear code by code reader/scantool.

Did you clean the manifold if not how do you expect for it to flow.

Be aware, the Toyota Service Manual for how to check this part is wrong. It shows reversed polarity for checking the valve. The valve is normall supplied with +12V to one end and the ECU sinks to 0V to energize the coil. The diagram shows one end of the coil grounded and the ECU as driving +12V to energize it (this is wrong). So, connect the battery to the opposite pins from the diagram on page EC-14.

TonyWilliams

Did you clean the manifold if not how do you expect for it to flow.[/Quote: 25e0e53344]

Cleaned the manifold, also checked and tested VSV, after 60 miles the same code came up.

Tjokkie
Okay its time to get technical-disconnect the EGR temp. Sensor get a voltmeter look for a 5vref. On the connector THG circuit-the other is ground-do you have power? The EGR temp. Sensor tells the Computer to open the EGR valve thru the VSV.

No 5vref we're looking for either a short or an open circuit all the way to the ECM> wire checks out for open or short-Think! ECM

Did you route the vac hose accordingly at the modulator?

Lets go back to the wiring circuitry: according to my references you have 2 (two) EGR temp. Sensors

1 @ left rear of side of engine with Green/Yellow wire for the THG circuit and Brown and Black for ground E2 circuit. Note: THG should have the 5volts.

ALSO

2 @ left side of engine with Red and White wire for the THG and Brn and Blk for gnd.

Am I correct with 2-EGR temp. Sensor. For 96 Toy LC 4.5L 6cyl

Hope this helps/Good Luck