THROTTLE BODY REPLACEMENT

1999 Toyota Landcruiser

1999 Toyota Landcruiser V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 126000 miles

While driving locally the engine lost power (like the fuel filter clogged) and the engine light came on. After several pushes on the accelerator, the speed increased enough to get the vehicle to the toyota dealer. The dealer mechanic cleaned the throttle body and recommended " if the code reoccurs will need to replace throttle body" ($1126.6 parts & labor $250)

Dealer recommended replacement of throttle body for ~$1500 next time the " check engine light" comes one.

My concern is that this type of incident would strand me and require a 2 day repair (time to get parts from stock). Thus I have lost confidence in taking this vehicle on long trips. Do you recommend replacing the throttle body or spend the funds today to replace part.
Davestrait