PWR WINDOWS, LOCKS, SEATS & MOO

1997 Toyota Landcruiser

1997 Toyota Landcruiser Automatic 140, 00 miles

Hi, all of the above stopped working. Stopped by Toyota and they replaced the applicable fuse for me and everything worked for a few hours and then, I guess, the fuse blew again and everything stopped working. Is this the sign of a bigger problem? What is it? Never really had any problems (other than a head gasket) before.
Steinarama

Wow, that’s a busy little fuse.
That fuse powers things all the time, with the key off.
And then more things after the key is turned on.

You have few major problems to deal with.
First the fuse doesn’t blow immediately, so until you discover a real problem, you wont know if it’s fixed.
The cause for the fuse to blow could be one of the wires has rubbed through and while you’re driving it touches the metal of the body and shorts to ground.
Or one of the devices the power is going to is messed up internally like a window motor drawing too many amps.

That fuse is powering
Door lock control relay in the left front door
Power window main relay in the left kick panel
All the power window switches
All the power window motors

The door locks
The door lock detection switches
The seats
The sun roof

Now, you have a few ways to attack this.

You can start taking your whole truck apart and visually inspect every inch of wire and all the components.
Or
Once it starts blowing the fuse as soon as you put it in, you can start unplugging circuits and until the fuse stops blowing, then you have a pretty good idea as to which circuit is the problem.
Or
Pay attention to what devices you are using during your travels.
And make note of what the last thing was before the fuse blew.
If using that devices blows the fuse over and over again, then that’s where the bad guy is.

Intermittent electrical is the hardest thing to diagnose
Good luck

Buddycraigg
Before everything went dead initially, I was having problems off and on with the door locks. Is that where I should start? What do I look for/at?

Steinarama
What problem were you having with the locks before the fuse started blowing?

Yes, the lock circuit would be a good place to start looking for problems.

What you would be looking for would be power wires that have the insulation rubbed off and touching metal, or a lock motor that is shorted internally.

If operating the locks will get the fuse to blow, then you know where to start digging.

Buddycraigg