TOYOTA COROLLA NOISE PROBLEM

1996 Toyota Corolla

I recently have been having alot of trouble with my car ever since I hit a bad pothole which blew out my tire. At the time there didn't seem to be any damage done other than the tire but more and more problems are appearing. The car has 118103 miles done and it is a 1.6 toyota corolla hatchback. All the trouble has been coming from the front left wheel, the same which hit the pothole. There is a squeaking coming from the wheel whenever I slow down and there is now a knocking coming from that side also. This knocking happens when taking off and while driving after I take my foot off the accelerator and it can be felt under my feet and the passengers feet. I have replaced the brake discs and calipers in the front as it was suspected this is where the noises were coming from but nothing has changed, the same noises are there and the knocking is worse.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as my mechanic and I are currently at a loss as to whats wrong. Thanks.
Kat_Allison