REPAI/REPLACE 100 AMP FUSE ON POSTIVE BATTERY CABLE.

2010 Toyota Corolla

I have a 92 Toyota Corolla with 117,000 miles. I think the timing belt broke but thought I might save money by trying something else. Bad idea. Someone said it might be a fuseable link. I found three fuses near the positive terminal on the cable. The 40 and 30 amp fuses where bright but the 100 amp fuse was darkened. I tried to remove it to look at it and it shattered. I got mad and yanked and now it is a nice loop! Can I splice another 100 amp fuse in its place? Or do I have to get a whole cable/harness and rewire? Once it is replaced/repaired I will then tow the car to a shop for the timing belt. Never get angry with a tool in your hand! Thanks.

PS This is my first time on this site and I made a donation but I am not sure I am getting to the people who can answer this question. If you can help me get to them please do it. Thanks again.
Joalhince

If you disassemble the power box the fusible is mounted in there are small 8mm bolt holding it in, remove the bolts to replace the fusible. Let me know if that works. : D

2CarPros Ken

Joalhince