OVERHEATING

Toyota Corolla

I am an owner of a toyota corolla 89 model with a 1300cc 12 valve engine. My problem is that my engine temperature indicator won't hold on the half position which every car normally does. I've already replaced my thermostat and replaced my radiator fan and installed an original condenser fan. I also replaced my radiator cap. One mechanic told me also that if your airconditioning compressor is too big for the engine this could also cause the engine to overheat. What do you suggest for my reccuring problem? Thanks
Mikoy

P1457 Leak Detected In EVAP Control Sys.(EVAP Canister Sys.) (Acura)

This can be a PITA. I would start next by tracing all of the lines from the canister and making sure they are all intact and connected properly.

Good hunting. : )

Peppermrj
How would I track all of the lines from Canister for supply leak if I am doing it by myself? Or is it wise to take it to a machenic.

Usman2006
Locate the cannister and simply follow the lines. Make sure they are attached at both ends. Would feel silly for paying a mechanic to plug or push a line back in/on. If that does not resolve your issue use these guidlines for finding a decent mechanic.

http://www.2carpros.com/kpages/avoid_car_repair.htm

Peppermrj
It could be a radiator that is clogged. If you have never changed the coolant it has a tendency to develpe deposits that decrease the coolant flow.

You could have an air pocket in the engine. The coolant system has to be bled to insure all the trapped air is gone.

Losone
Just read your reply. Thanks a lot for the information you gave me. First thing I have to do is regarding my radiator. Can you tell me how to bleed the engine?

Mikoy
Somewhere on the engine water jacket you will find a small screw that looks like a brake bleeding screw. Get the engine hot (t-stat open) and just open the screw until you get coolant with no air bubbles. Good Luck

Losone