HAMMERINGN NOISE AT THE FRONT LEFT SIDE

Toyota Corolla

Toyota corolla gli 94 model, 127000km hi good morning, im lito from the philippines, one month ago ive heard a noise gruggling on the left side of the car, 2 weeks after, i've inspected it and suspected that the lower suspension booshing and other bushing were worn out, cv boot and axle boot are all intact (no evidence of grease leakge), i've decided it to bring my car to a certified technician to replace all the booshings of the uppler left suspension and other booshing as weel, after so, the sound or noise is still there, what seems to be the problem, the technician again analyze it and tellme that it si the cv joint or the bearing on the other ned is the one creating the noise, is it true? Any advise would be very much approeciated, thank you and more power.
Johnzeus

Lito

When you hear this noise-do you hear it going straight or while making L/turns only.

Thanks razmataz for the quick, I hear the hammering noise even it is on a striaght path specially approaching to stop, hoping for your quick response again. Thanks again

Johnzeus
My guess its coming from the CV joint-try grabbing the half shaft push it in and out from the transmssion and check for excessive play. Sometimes the boot will be okay but not the joint.

Thanks again rasmataz for your quick reply, base on what you say, i've try it before and it has a play when pushing in and out from the transmission, is that abnormal? Is the normal setting is no play or clearance? If so, my next repair would be the relacement of cv joint, please enlighten me on this. Thanks. Lito

Johnzeus
Get a L/Half Shaft-make sure tighten the spindle nut to spec. Double check before replacement-by jacking it up and run it in gear and listen very carefully. Safety First-

Thanks again, i'll give you feedback after ive try your suggestion, in case there is no hammering sound after I jack it and run on gear only, what might be the problem, shock absorber and spring were replace last june 2006, suspension, booshing ok, ball joint check ok, hoping again for your reply. Thanks

Johnzeus